Saturday, May 31, 2008

I had a request from Dottie for this receipe. I hope you enjoy them if you try them. They are great for Potlucks and carry ins.

Here goes:
1 stick butter
5 pounds of potatoes chunked and peeled
1 jar of chopped banana pepper rings hot or mild depending on your taste ( I use hot)
1 chopped onion
1 package of sliced pepperoni
1 package of smoked sausage
6 cups of shredded cheese ( i use either colby,colby jack or pepper jack)

In a large roasting pan melt butter. Add the next 5 ingredients. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees till poatotes are tender. I usually check after 45 minutes to see if done. When tender uncover and sprinkle generously with the cheese. You can always use more than 6 cups if you like them cheesy. Bake till cheese is melted.

I like to serve these potatoes with pinto beans and mexican cornbread.

2 comments:

Coal Miners Daughter said...

Thanks Wilma I,ll try them soon .

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

Now this sounds just yummy, for sure! Thanks for posting this! And the beans and cornbread are just perfect for this! Can't wait to try!!!!! Cora